Recreation Programs

What programs do you offer?

The City of Barnwell Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of leisure opportunities for people of all ages.  A program guide is distributed to residents3 times a year (1)Fall- Sept – Dec. (2) Spring -Jan. – April (3) Summer- May – August . For more information  call 803-259-3317.

How do I sign up for a program?

Fill out the program registration form and return the form to the Parks & Recreation Department. You can mail the form to:  City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department,   P.O. Box 776 Barnwell, SC 29812or you can drop off forms in person at Barnwell City Hall, 130 Main Street. Click here to download the program registration form.

What is the difference between a Resident and Non-Resident for programs?

Residents live within the city limits of Barnwell. Non-residents live outside the city limits. An additional fee may be due for registrants living outside the Barnwell city limits. This fee may vary depending on the participant’s age and activity.

Do you offer financial assistance for programs?

The City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department offers scholarships for programs. Scholarship opportunities enable residents, who would not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in educational and recreational activities ranging from preschool to senior citizen recreation programs. Interested applicants should pick up a scholarship application at the Parks & Recreation office or print an application. Proof of income must be submitted when scholarship application is turned back into the Parks & Recreation Department.

If I want a specific program offered who do I tell?

You can contact the parks and recreation department at 259-3317 or you e-mail us.


What are the city parks and recreation facilities?

The City of Barnwell parks and facilities  include:  Lemon Park, Fuller Park, Collins Park, Jack Phillips Park, and Darnell Park.  John Hall Field and the Tennis Courts behind the High School are city owned but maintained by the School District. For more information on individual parks visit the park page.

How do I reserve a park or Sport Field?

Reservations for the use of parks and sport fields may be made in person at the City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department, 130 Main St. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis.  A Park Reservation Request Form will need to be filled out.

Use of Lemon Park Sports Fields may be reserved for a practice fee. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department for these fees.

The City of Barnwell Park & Recreation Department programs take precedence over all reservations.

How do I report a problem at a park?

Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 259-3317 to report any concerns or safety issues.

© Copyright City of Barnwell, SC - Phone: 803.259.3266 - E-mail the Webmaster